Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall 2009

Here's just a few photos of my plants the day I moved them inside and placed them for the winter.
This bad boy (above) grew about six inches taller over the summer.


My photo doesn't do this beautiful plant justice. I don't know the name of it. My Buena Vista neighbor Jeannette Sales gave me a start of it. I miss plant swapping with Jeannette.


My trusty ol' aloe, of course, with a couple of jade cuttings on either side of her.


That is my beloved gout plant on the left. She is in serious need of re-potting, but I really want to wait till Spring to do that.

My Jay Lowe Bromeliad.

My daughter-in-law Kristin tells me that these "alligator tooth cacti" are some of the most poisonous plants around, so I'm thinking of letting the cold get 'em. I don't have room for them in the house, anyway. I do like 'em, though -- and they're so hardy and fun to grow, with all their little babies sproutin' up everywhere.

No comments: